Johnny Nasello, owner of JohnnyFit Bootcamp & Yoga, is a nationally recognized personal trainer, group fitness instructor, and Yoga Alliance registered yoga teacher in Portland, Oregon.
- Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, Bachelor of Political Science 2006
- ACE-Certified Personal Trainer
- Registered Yoga Teacher RYT200
- TRX Suspension Trainer Certified.
I like to combine old-school strength training with functional and ballistic movement and metabolic conditioning using kettlebells and high-intensity interval training. I also use yoga as a means of discovering and addressing physical and mental weaknesses, focusing on flexibility and balance to recover more quickly from intense workouts, and maintaining calm mental focus.
Why I Became a Fitness Instructor:
After college, I spent years working my way up a corporate ladder until I realized that I wanted to feel engaged, interested, and passionate about my work. I realized that I really enjoyed sharing what I have learned about health and fitness with others, and helping people be fit and live healthier lives is my calling. Now I wake up every day excited about the opportunity to help people to become better versions of themselves.
Personal Fitness Accomplishments:
- Dedicated yoga practice since 2007
- Teaching yoga since 2011
- Completing a 500 hour yoga teacher training with Noah Mazé
- Training with kettlebells since 2008
- Training with TRX Suspension Trainer since 2011
- Has been weight training since high school
- A lifetime of sports and fitness activities including kayaking, biking, wrestling, baseball, football, and soccer.
Loves and Hobbies:
I love exploring National Parks, visiting places I’ve never been, and writing fitness articles for my blog at www.johnnyfit.com.
Every day that you work on your health and fitness, your health and fitness will improve. Every day that you don’t, it won’t!